The Community Development Partnership offers a Homebuyer Education course for first time buyers. These courses provide information on budgeting, looking for, selecting, and purchasing a home, and local resources that may be available to buyers.
The Homebuyer Education Course has received the Massachusetts Homeownership Collaborative's "Seal of Approval” from the Citizens’ Housing and Planning Association (CHAPA). CHAPA certification is essential for potential first-time homebuyers to access affordable mortgage products such as those offered by MassHousing, Massachusetts Housing Partnership ("ONE" program), other municipal and government programs and some commercial lenders, and down payment and closing cost assistance programs administered by organizations such as Housing Assistance Corporation (www.haconcapecod.org).
The workshop covers: credit health and budgeting; mortgage process and options; finding the right home and making an offer; appraisals; home inspection; legal procedures and protections; insurance protection; home energy audits and savings; ongoing homeownership. Classes are open to any interested individuals or households (2 people).
- The course consists of 9 hours of instruction over 3 classes.
- Participants must attend all three classes to receive their Certificates of Completion.
- Each participant is required to pull a credit report in order to receive their Certificate of Completion.
- Certificate's are active for two years.
- Wednesday, April 18, 2018 from 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Monday, April 23, 2018 from 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Wednesday, April 25, 2018 from 6:00pm - 9:00pm
ATTENTION PROVINCETOWN RESIDENTS: THE PROVINCETOWN COMMUNITY HOUSING COUNCIL IS PROVIDING REIMBURSEMENTS FOR THIS CLASS TO PROVINCETOWN RESIDENTS WHO COMPLETE THE COURSE AND RECEIVE CERTIFICATION. CONTACT MICHELLE JARUSIEWICZ AT (508) 487-7087 OR MJARUSIEWICZ@PROVINCETOWN-MA.GOV FOR MORE INFORMATION.
Please contact Andrea with any questions (508) 240-7873 x10.