Mission & History
The Community Development Partnership (CDP) nurtures a vibrant Lower Cape region by promoting environmental and economic sustainability, expanding opportunities for low- and moderate-income residents, and preserving our unique cultural and historic character.
Since its inception in 1992, the CDP has become a leader in developing and delivering innovative programs that foster an economically and environmentally sustainable Lower Cape Cod community. As a community development corporation, we value economic diversity and foster a sense of inclusion and participation of local area residents, business owners and community leaders.
Throughout our twenty-four year history, the CDP has continued to adapt to the ever-shifting economic and demographic landscape of our area while maintaining our commitment to strengthening and expanding the building blocks of a vibrant local economy. The CDP is a steward for critical community resources such as decent and safe rental housing for low and moderate residents, micro-loan funds that help unleash the entrepreneurial spirit in the region and fishing quota that has preserved our small scale fishing fleet. More recently, we’ve developed a model to increase the production of local renewable energy and lower the cost of electricity for low income families.
Major Accomplishments include:
- Developing, owning and managing 73 affordable rental homes, including the Platinum LEED Certified Thankful Chases Pathway which received national recognition in HUD’s Door Knocker Award competition for Sustainable Housing.
- Providing business assistance, education and/or loan capital to over 2,050 locally owned small businesses.
- Educating 469 potential First Time Home Buyers so they have the resources to make informed decisions in the home buying process.
- Investing $2.85M in 146 local small businesses by providing access to capital through micro loans.
- Developing 28 affordable homeownership opportunities for low and moderate income families.
- Installing 420 solar panels on our properties to harness the power of the sun, generating $50K each year.
- Helping 20 local fishermen retain their livelihood through the nationally recognized Cape Cod Fisheries Trust.
- Preserving 384 homes through repairs and upgrades, while putting local contractors to work with contracts totaling $8.7M.
By focusing our efforts on a variety of program initiatives that are synergistically aligned, the organization has been able to develop a deep bench of expertise and skills that can be utilized in flexible ways to fulfill our strategic objectives which include:
- Strengthening business sectors with competitive regional advantage, especially traditional and renewable natural resource based businesses such as fishing and the arts.
- Increasing the affordability and the availability of safe, stable year round housing.
- Increasing energy efficiency and local renewable energy generation.