Online First Time Homebuyer Education
This Online Homebuyer Education course is for first time buyers who are unable to attend an in-person workshop. The course provides information on budgeting, looking for, selecting, and purchasing a home.
The program consists of self-paced online modules to be completed at home, as well and one in-person group counseling session. Satisfactory completion of both the online modules and the group counseling session are mandatory in order to receive a Certificate of Completion. Group counseling sessions are scheduled as needed and Pre-Registration is required.
To successfully complete the course each participant must:
- View online course in its entirety.
- Complete the quizzes as well as the Final Assessment with a score of 80% or higher on each. At the end of each quiz there is a results page which you must save and print to prove that you scored satisfactorily on each quiz.
- At the very end of the Final Assessment there is a certificate which you must save and print to prove you completed the course. Allow the Final Assessment slide to completely play in order to access the certificate.
- When you have completed the online course, you must participate in an in-person Group Counseling Session. A Group Counseling Session is mandatory in order to receive a Certificate of Completion. Call us at (508) 240-7873 ext. 10 to register for an upcoming session. We offer 3 sessions per year.
- Bring the following items to your Group Counseling Session:
- Course fee of $100 via check or money order made payable to “Community Development Partnership. You may also pay with a credit card.
- Score Results for all quizzes.
- Final Assessment Certificate.
The Online First Time Home Buyer Education course has received the Massachusetts Homeownership Collaborative’s “Seal of Approval” from the Citizens’ Housing and Planning Association (CHAPA). CHAPA certification is essential for potential first-time homebuyers to access affordable mortgage products such as those offered by MassHousing, Massachusetts Housing Partnership (“ONE” program), other municipal and government programs and some commercial lenders, and down payment and closing cost assistance programs administered by organizations such as Housing Assistance Corporation.
To access the course: Contact Andrea Aldana to confirm your eligibility to take the course.